Lesson 3: Cash Flow Analysis
We will study a Cash Flow Analysis Spreadsheet, which will give you a snap shot of where you are financially. If you don’t know where you are, you can’t possibly know where you are heading. Your Homework will be to fill out the Cash Flow Analysis with your personal information. You need to know if you are in a positive or negative Cash Flow situation. You will not be sharing your private information with anyone, but after filling it out, you may have some questions , in which case you can CONTACT US.
Lesson 4: Retirement Savings
We will discuss the merits of RRSP’s (Registered Retirement Savings Plans) and TFSA’s (Tax Free Savings Accounts).
Lesson 3 – Cash Flow Analysis
The CASH FLOW ANALYSIS is not a budget. It is simply a tool to help you establish where you are currently in your finances. If you are in a negative Cash Flow position, then you may need to make some tough decisions to get it balanced. Sometimes, this could take many months or years. The goal is to get into a Positive Cash Flow position.
Some people think BUDGET is a bad word. If you are in trouble financially, it will require the bad tasting medicine of a budget to set things right. Once done correctly, it is actually liberating to let the budget give direction to your spending, and to watch your financial situation improve as each month passes.
The budget is a tool to help you manage your finances and to achieve some goals. Without financial goals, you will lack the direction necessary to finance some of your life goals… even your dreams.
Hope you find this helpful. You will enjoy a measure of Success where you focus your attention and care.
REMEMBER: If you do not know where you are … you can’t determine where you are going.
Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.Proverbs 13:11
A good name is more desirable than great riches;
to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.Proverbs 22:1
The Plans of the diligent leads to Profit
As surely as haste leads to poverty.Proverbs 21:5
Then there is the adage:
[DOWNLOAD THE CASH FLOW SPREADSHEET]
“If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail”Benjamin Franklin
- Follow directions and Fill out Cash Flow Analysis spreadsheet (CFAS);
- The CFAS is an Excel Spreadsheet. Download it from this Web Site.
- If you have the Excel program on your personal computer, then you can fill it out from the convenience of your home;
- If you do not have Excel at home, then put the Spreadsheet on a Flash (UBS) Drive, and check out the Public Computer at the Library to see if the Excel Program is available;
- If you fill out the Spreadsheet at the Library (or any place other than your home) do not forget to SAVE the File and copy it back on your Flash or UBS Drive.